Jensen Family

Jensen Family

Friday, July 6, 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow...

I was getting tired of my same hairstyle that I've been sporting for the last several years. I've colored it a few times, and that was fun (in fact, I think I may go red again with this cut). But I was somehow VERY emboldened today and decided that today was the day I was actually gonna do something new. I wanted it to be fun and choppy. The stylist was pretty excited to help me start on this adventure. I really wanted to see how it would look for real, so I even had her style it and purchased the product she used. Well, when she whirled me around in the chair....I HATED it! I was so shell-shocked I couldn't say anything positive to this gal. I kept saying, "It's so different. Wow. You did a good job on the cut." Because the cut itself was a good cut. I was just so blown away at how much it changed the way I looked. She had so much product in my hair that it was not really a great style job that she did. Who knows why I still tipped her? Maybe because that's just what I do automatically when I get a cut. Anyway, I came home and Jeremy and the kids were out in the yard. As soon as I stepped out of the car, Paul stopped in his tracks and exclaimed, "Daddy! Look at Mom!" The other kids stared. Jeremy didn't say anything. Then I told him I hated it. He said he didn't like it either. Well, that sucked, so I knew I had to get a second opinion from a good friend who would be totally honest and maybe help it a little. Yay friends!! I texted my chum, Kasey, and explained what was up. She said to come right over. So, I jumped back in the car and headed there. Her kids answered the door. The first one said, "Whoa. You got a haircut." Yep. Another just stared. And a third said, "Umm, you look really different." At least they didn't say it looked bad! I wanted to puke and cry at the same time, though. But Kasey was super optimistic and pulled me into her house. She flat ironed it a little so it wasn't so puffy like the stylist made it (She had my bangs curled out like it was 1995!). Just that little optimism and flattening out really made a HUGE difference! I was actually kind of liking it. I think I can rock this cut if I do it right. Well, it's been a little more than an hour now and it's growing on me. It's still a huge shock to see myself with bangs since I haven't had them since the 3rd grade. I know it will take Jeremy a really long time to get used to it. He doesn't do well with change. I'm glad I had the courage to try something new. It was sooooo scary! I think in a few days, I'm gonna really love it. :)

4 comments:

.. said...

You should have taken a before she straightened it shot!! I like it. I always hate my hair after I cut it short but then after a few days I adjust.

Jeremy Jensen said...

best looking babe in the whole world.

Puphigirl said...

I think it is a cute cut. It looks like an easy wash & wear style that a busy mom needs. You look good with bangs. But I wish you had taken a photo of it right after the beauty shop. I wanna see those 80's bangs!

Carissa El Camino said...

I like it, it looks good with your glasses!