So, we went to Utah last week for several days and visited briefly with some great friends and grandparents up north, and then spent a few days down south with Jeremy's family. It's really tough to have only a small amount of time to visit for traveling so far. I wish the kids and I at least could have stayed another week. Not sure that we'll be able to get back there before our next planned trip to Utah in July 2013 for a reunion on my side. It's a sad business living far from family and friends, but we are very happy that we have a good job, home, ward, and growing opportunities here in California that were just not available to us at the time in Utah. Someday, things will work out for us to have it all, I guess. :) Anyway, the kids had a BLAST playing with their cousins and fishing with their uncles. There was some altitude sickness and general travel grumpiness, but overall, not a terrible experience. I kind of wish the kids could be seen on their own turf, then our family could really get a glimpse into who these little people really are. As always, I'm trying like mad to devise some way to get to visit more people more often...video calls are great, but not enough for me. Growing up in San Diego where all my closest friends were my cousins and all the important adults in my life were my aunts/uncles and grandparents and every holiday, birthday, and sunday was spent just enjoying each other's company, it makes me long for my kids to have those same kinds of relationships.







1 comment:
Cute pics. I'm glad you got to spend time with family. I too live far from family and traveling is an issue.
Post a Comment