Jensen Family

Jensen Family

Monday, February 18, 2013

Shopping trials

So I outgrew my regular clothes just before Christmas. No big deal to move on to maternity clothes, except that after three pregnancies, my preggo wardrobe is stretched pretty thin--no pun intended. I have a few shirts and a couple pairs of pants. Not too bad since I don't have to really be anywhere special these days. Not like when I was pregnant with Paul and Katie and teaching and I had to be dressed up every day. So my problem is I have one skirt and one dress that I can switch between for church. I still have four months to go and it's gonna get warmer and warmer around here and I want to be able to wear something besides the two pairs of jeans I have. I went in search of maternity clothes at Old Navy, Sears, JC Penney, Kohls, Target, Walmart, Gap, EVERYWHERE!! No one here sells maternity clothes in store now. They are all in a catalog or online only. OR their selection is one tiny rack with a couple shirts and jeans. All I need is a couple skirts to get me through this!!! Finally today I found a few racks of maternity clothes at Macy's. Of course the prices were ridiculous, but I was so desperate at this point I didn't care anymore. So, I got a cute knee length jean skirt and a mid-calf cotton black skirt and paid $60--and one of them was on sale. Ugh. Oh well. Now I have something to wear on my bottom half AND they are generic enough that I can pair them with any of the tops I have to make a few different outfits. Wish I were one of those girls that can wear their regular low-waisted jeans the whole time and not have to bother with having to get new clothes for only a few months. Everyone has their challenges, right? :)

No comments: