Well, the kids had a great Christmas thanks to their wonderful grandparents--ALL of them! I think they got some awesome toys that will make them very happy for a long time. It snowed a lot while we were in Utah. The kids totally loved playing in it. Wish I could get my videos to post.
We switched health insurance at the beginning of the year. I have a new doctor. He is great! Excited for an ultrasound in two weeks!
And after years of dealing with dining sets that were either from the 1950s, way too big and not my style, or one that you could never keep clean because of it's sticky coating on top...I got the dining table and benches of my dreams as an early birthday present! I got a steal of a deal because it was on clearance and being discontinued and the store only had one bench and couldn't see that it was in stock in any other stores in California. I thought I might be able to get some chairs to go on the other side at a later date, so we bought it. Well, I went home and got online--completely out of stock and unavailable. So, I called all the World Market stores in the valley. Everyone was sold out. Then, I got a break! There was one left in Stockton--almost 3 hours north and one that a customer decided not to get after all in Tracy--2 hours north on the way to San Francisco. These were the only ones left in California, so if I wanted that other bench, I had to get it the next morning pronto! So we called the Tracy store to hold it for us and drove north. Although I couldn't persuade the manager at that site to match the price of the other bench, I still got a good deal and she gave me a small discount. In total, I paid an insanely small fraction of the retail cost for this solid wood, brand new set that can seat 8! I absolutely love it. It cleans so easily. No more hassle with chairs. I can sweep right under it without moving everything around. Who says money can't buy happiness and make your life easier? This purchase certainly has!







1 comment:
I love the table!!
Post a Comment