Today my regular doctor said that my stomach was just over-producing stomach acid and that it was really doing a number on my insides and causing one or more ulcers. Chest pressure is from my inflamed esophagus. Dizziness and weakness are from the stress my body is going through and the short breaths I am taking since my chest hurts. Bottom line is that I haven't been taking my prescribed acid reducer because it did nothing for me. NOTHING. I may as well have been swallowing skittles. So now, I have been prescribed a drug that will eliminate all acid in my stomach. How will this affect my digestion you may ask? Well, I asked that too. Apparently, I will still be able to absorb nutrients from food, but it may be digested and then passed in a not so friendly way. Hurray! Can't wait to feel the effects from this super med that is supposed to get rid of my reflux, ulcers, chest discomfort, weakness, and basically put a big band-aid on my belly boo-boo. And lucky me, I guess I may have to take this the rest of my life!
Wow. So now I have a pill box and a timer to help me remember to take those pills. At 28, I have somehow become sick and old in the midst of my youth and general good health.
5 comments:
We can be sickly, before our time, together! Just so glad that everything turned out okay. We were worried about you!
boo, so sorry Laura. My BIL was diagnosed with GERD this year too and he's in bad shape. He's basically been on a liquid diet for the past several months. I sure hope the meds help you deal with it in a better way!
That totally sucks. Good thing you got your marathon run in before this all happened! Wish I lived closer so I could watch the kiddos while you rested...
And you nonchalantly say you had an ambulance take you to the ER? What an awful thing to go through but I'm glad you still have your sense of humor. I hope the meds really do make it better.
Hey, how's the GERD stuff going? You still taking the pills? Found anything that helps?
Post a Comment