Jensen Family

Jensen Family

Monday, September 1, 2008

Curtains!



For the longest time we had NO curtains in our kitchen windows (two huge picture windows) because the ones the landlady had up would mold since they were thick and pooled on the window-sill getting in the window's condensation during the winter months. It was just easier to not have them there. Well, the heat in the summer was terrible with the sun shining right in all day! Also, the privacy was non-existent. Recently, Jeremy's grandma was kind enough to see the need and buy me some material to make some curtains that would work. After a half day's work and some help from a friend, I was able to make these great curtains that hang straight, and just above and away from the window so that they won't mold this winter if there is condensation on the window! The best part is that we don't have everyone in the world looking in our kitchen. Lastly, I could not believe the difference in how cool it is in the kitchen now that the sun is not beating through the glass. I am so pleased and grateful to Jeremy's grandma.

No comments: