The kids are growing up fast and are very playful. We really love having a park right across the street. It is a lifesaver!
We redid our kitchen counters, backsplash, sink, and faucet. It was A LOT of hard work! But we couldn't be more happy with the result!
We were super silly most days.
We had to start our bathroom renovations unexpectedly early because of a leak from our toilet that destroyed the walls and vanity! It sure was satisfying tearing that ugly old thing out, though. Now we are interviewing contractors to help us put it back together since it is just a tad bit out of our league, AND we don't have all the time and tools needed to get it done right and in a reasonable time frame.
The toilet and shower are both totally out now and the moldy drywall is gone, as well. Nothing quite like swinging a big hammer and breaking things with reckless abandon! :)
We had a big St. Patrick's Day party for Jeremy's 35th birthday!
I cut the tip of my thumb off while slicing oranges. It bled everywhere! And I had to go to urgent care for them to glue it back on. (see picture). Despite their valiant efforts, the cut area died and has since fallen off. Now there's a big chunk missing from my thumb, but it's starting to grow back a little. Yay for miraculously divine human bodies and their ability to heal!

















2 comments:
wow, what a busy family. I think the kitchen looks good. Good Job.
Laura thanks for the nice note! And for the update here too -- I love that twister picture, goodness we are just grown ups with these big little families! Oh, I would love to see you… we cancelled our CA trip this winter/spring because we didn't think we could handle the drive with little Porter… we'll be in San DIego for a week near the beginning of June though (June 9- 14 plus a weekend before or after) - want to coordinate a visit home to your parents for that same week and we can meet up while we're both there ? Or we'd love to have you up here in Logan this summer when you're in Utah if that works :) So nice to hear from you.
(And I hope your thumb is healing!!)
Post a Comment