Jensen Family
Sunday, September 23, 2012
WARNING: Not for the weak of stomach
Today we had a special fast for our former Stake President who is in the hospital after suffering a major heart attack. We began last night at 7 pm with a group prayer. Many people were there from the stake to pray for him and his family. I have not really fasted since my gallbladder surgery. I would skip breakfast, but that was it. Well, I decided last night that I was going to really try to do a full fast again. I ate dinner at 6:15, went to the prayer at 7, allowed myself to have a sip of water here and there. I was doing really well. I didn't feel hungry. I got no stomach pains. I was a little tired, but I'm always tired, so that wasn't too bad. I thought it was going great. We got home from church at about 12:30 today. I didn't have lunch, but about 1:30, I decided I better eat something since I was planning on going to choir at 3:45 and didn't want to pass out. So I had a little leftover spaghetti, half a banana, and a granola bar. Bad move. Since I have no gallbladder storing bile for digestion when I eat, it just constantly drains into my system. Imagine having stomach acid and bile accumulating in your middle for nearly 20 hours and then finally hitting it with some food. Yeah, I'm glad I didn't just eat right before choir. That could have been a disaster. So, I guess I'm gonna have to figure out a way to modify my fast or just go back to skipping one meal (but even that can have unpleasant results). Despite all this, I am really glad I fasted. I had some perspective and inspiration that helped me better understand some inspiration I had at the temple the other day. God certainly does work in mysterious ways. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment