So the school year is coming to a close. Paul gets out on June 8th. I've gotten used to him being gone for a few hours during the day, so this summer may get a little hectic. One thing is for sure, I have to establish a routine and have activities for the kids to do every day or else I'm going to go crazy. The biggest thing Paul has learned this year is how to work, so I am sure I can get him to do workbooks, coloring, and journaling. My plan is to have 2 hours a day devoted to the kids doing some kind of school. I have a big pocket calendar with seasons, days of the week, patterns, weather, and numbers. Last year we did that and the kids seemed to like it a lot. There are two closets in Paul and Katie's room. I only use one for hanging clothes. The other one is where we had the calendar last year. It's a fun little nook that I want to put some chalkboard paint on the wall and hang the calendar over that so it can be our little "school corner." I'm on the lookout for a cheap little table and chair set so that we can do writing and coloring activities right there in the room instead of the kitchen. I'm actually getting kind of excited.
It won't be all work and no play. It's summer for crying out loud! We have that great park right across the street, and about ten within walking/biking distance. We also have 2 different splash parks within a 20-25 minute drive. I bought Storyland and Playland tickets, we can have a zoo day, and I really want to go camping overnight with at least Paul and Katie. Nora may still be too small. At any rate, there are plenty of things to keep us busy this summer. I just have to have a plan. If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear! :)
3 comments:
Kelly talked to Paul on skype last night and was quizzing him on adding. Paul is such a smartie. The kids are growing up fast and we are missing it :(
Emphasis on the frowning face....
Great ideas. You've got me thinking. Thanks for sharing. Maybe some day we can discuss some more over the phone.
I'm working on the same thing right now - this is Landon's last week of school!
Post a Comment