So I got some reflux relief after starting on GERD meds and adopting a clean, lean diet. Fast forward a few months and now I have abdominal pain and nausea and reflux despite taking my meds. A few doctor visits, a couple pregnancy tests, labwork, and CT scans later and.......I have gallstones! Yay! Thanks to those little buggers playing plinko inside me, I have frequent and intensifying reflux, back pain, stomach pain, and nausea. Since no one in their right mind would want to live with this and run the risk of it getting worse, the course of action is to CUT IT OUT! Surgery is scheduled for next month. I am hopeful this will help solve a lot of the health problems I've had in the last year. Anyone who wants to come take care of my children for a week afterward will earn their spot in heaven for sure.
Jensen Family
Thursday, March 8, 2012
GERD, bad, and Gallbladder
So I got some reflux relief after starting on GERD meds and adopting a clean, lean diet. Fast forward a few months and now I have abdominal pain and nausea and reflux despite taking my meds. A few doctor visits, a couple pregnancy tests, labwork, and CT scans later and.......I have gallstones! Yay! Thanks to those little buggers playing plinko inside me, I have frequent and intensifying reflux, back pain, stomach pain, and nausea. Since no one in their right mind would want to live with this and run the risk of it getting worse, the course of action is to CUT IT OUT! Surgery is scheduled for next month. I am hopeful this will help solve a lot of the health problems I've had in the last year. Anyone who wants to come take care of my children for a week afterward will earn their spot in heaven for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just had my gall bladder taken out last June, and it while I was waiting for my surgery if I stayed away from eating any kind of fat I could avoid attacks. It was annoying, but worth it to avoid the attacks. I'm sure you've heard this before, but I wanted to let you know just in case! Hope you get feeling better soon!!
Bummer that need surgery. On the bright side, glad they've figured out the root of the problem. Good luck, Laura!
If you weren't so far away I could take the kiddos for a few days during the week....but sadly you live mountains away from us. :(
Good luck with surgery! I will be rooting for you mountains away :)
Post a Comment