Jensen Family

Jensen Family

Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

So, Jeremy's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. He is not Irish, Catholic, nor does he have a real liking for rainbows, clovers, and leprechauns. But, we still celebrate by wearing green every year just to be festive with the rest of our fellow Americans--and because we are already celebrating a birthday, why not make it themed? We have celebrated in many ways: making cornbeef and cabbage for dinner, playing pin the clover on the leprechaun, throwing "gold" coins into green beer mugs, and following a rainbow string all over the backyard to find a prize at the end. We usually have a rainbow cake or some thing like that and a green drink. It turns out to be quite a good time. If we're lucky, sometimes we can find Darby O'Gill and the Little People to watch with the kids. This year, I got this fun cake ball recipe from my friend (she got it from www.bakerella.com). They turned out great! So cute!




2 comments:

.. said...

I ate so much of those the last time I ate them that there is NO way I could make them anytimes soon! They are good though!

Carissa El Camino said...

We did the rainbow string thing this year and it was a big hit! Thanks for the idea! And we actually watched Darby O'Gill before bed, how funny is that movie?!