Monsters vs. Aliens scene when Derek tells Susan right before their wedding that they are not going to Paris for their honeymoon anymore.
Susan: Why not?
Derek: Because we are going somewhere better.
Susan: Better than Paris? Where? Tahiti?
Derek: Nope! Fresno!
Susan: Fresno? In what universe is Fresno, better than Paris, Derek?!
Derek: I got an audition to become channel 23's new evening anchor!


We made it to Fresno after 10 exciting hours in the car with all three kids stuffed (no joke) into the back seat of our Jimmy. We left the van in St. George with Jeremy's brother because it was having some problems and we didn't trust it to drive clear out here and we also didn't care to put any more money into fixing it. So, we are living in the Clovis area in an apartment for the next few months saving some money to buy a new van and getting to know the area so we can buy a house in the spring. Jeremy is WAY excited about his new job. His commute is easy (no freeways) and he is the lucky recipient of some awesome technology provided by the Church for work. Apparently the new iPhone 4 is "the Lord's communication device" according to Jeremy. :) It sure is fun. I have lost my camera cord along with a few other things in the move, so pics will have to wait (as always).
3 comments:
Glad to hear you made it. Fresno is where my dad grew up. If you run into Ellen and Jeff Clason she is my dads sister. I'm not sure how many wards there are.
I hope you enjoy your new adventures there with your darling kiddos. And enjoy that iPhone.
I personally refer to iPhones as "Jesus phones." I think it's important to show them the appropriate amount of reverence.
I have often wondered if the Liahona wasn't just an iphone or something.
Post a Comment