

My friend, Jesi, and I spent about 18 total hours cutting, washing, boiling, mushing, and canning apples to make yummy applesauce yesterday. It was a very sticky process, but we had a blast. Special thanks to other friends who lent us the tools we needed, IFA for having inexpensive jars, my dear land-lady for allowing to pick all the apples from the tree in our backyard, and my super-husband for taking a vacation day from work to watch our kids and my friend's kids so that we could do it all.
4 comments:
So how many jars did you end up with? It seems like all my friends are canning applesauce this month. I however have not given in to the peer pressure.
So cool. Remember the days we used to wake up at 4 in the morning in Logan, eat your grandmas most delicious applesauce, and then you'd drive us up the canyon to do a long run? I'm pretty sure I think of those good times just about every time I eat applesauce. Now you'll probably think of this 18 hour project every time you eat it. Too bad you can't count it for a personal progress project. I want to try yours. Let's get together.
mmmmm I love home made applesauce!!
After last year, I'm going to take a little break from apples. :) Katie looks too cute in that little lamb outfit!
Post a Comment